When you need to call a professional for spiders
If spiders are making you feel uneasy in your own home, there are some things you can do to get rid of them or keep them out.
Although spiders are generally harmless, many people prefer not to have them around. Very few spider species have venom that can harm humans, dogs, or cats. In most parts of the world, no spiders with medically significant venom have much chance of being found in houses.
Spiders are drawn to moisture and dampness and are often found in dark areas of a basement or attic. Spiders indeed provide natural pest control in small numbers to eliminate disease-carrying insects such as cockroaches, fleas, and ticks.
Here are a few tips to help you get rid of spiders:
- Use a spider vacuum. This is a tool that can be used to suck up spiders without harming them.
- Use a spider catcher. This is a tool that allows you to catch spiders without touching them.
- Apply a repellent. There are many commercial repellents available, or you can make your own using essential oils.
- Seal up entry points. Spiders can come into your home through cracks and crevices. By sealing up these openings, you can help prevent spiders from getting inside.
- Use peppermint oil to scent your items
- Use vinegar for cleaning
- Install screens around your home.
- Use store-bought insecticide to will specifically target spiders
- Keep a tidy home or apartment.
When to call a professional
There are occasions when spiders should be controlled by a professional pest control company. There are some spiders that can be dangerous to humans and animals, and they can also cause damage to property. Spiders can also be a nuisance and sometimes their bites can be painful. If you have spiders in your home you may want to consider calling a professional pest control company.
Spiders like black widows and brown recluses, can bite humans. These bites can be painful and even deadly in some cases. In addition, spiders can also be dangerous to pets. Pets can choke on spiders or be bitten by them.
A bad experience with spiders can also lead to a lifelong fear. If spiders are making you feel uneasy in your own home, contact Wild Wild Pest today! We are your experts in eliminating pests in your home, especially when done by a trained professional.