If you think you might have bed bugs, don’t panic! These pests are pesky, but they can be dealt with. Here’s what you need to know about bed bugs and how to get rid of them.
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. They’re most active at night, which is why they’re often called “night-time biting insects.” Bed bugs are experts at hiding, so they can be difficult to spot.
But there are some telltale signs that you may have bedbugs:
– Check for small, dark spots on your bedding or furniture. These spots are bed bug feces and can be a sign that bedbugs are present.
– Look for bed bugs themselves! They’re small (about the size of an apple seed), flat, and reddish-brown in color.
– If you wake up with bites that look like mosquito bites, it could be a sign of bed bugs.
How do you get rid of bed bugs?
Getting rid of bed bugs can be a challenge, but it’s important to act quickly. The longer you wait, the more bedbugs will spread.
Here are some tips for getting rid of bed bugs:
- Vacuum regularly and thoroughly, especially around areas where bedbugs might be hiding (like mattresses, headboards, and furniture).
- Wash all of your bedding and clothing in hot water. This will kill any bedbugs that are present.
- Use a steamer or heat treatment on infested items. This will kill bedbugs and their eggs.
- Call a professional pest control company if you’re still seeing signs of bedbugs after taking these steps. They can help you eliminate the problem for good.
Why they are tricky to get rid of
Getting rid of bedbugs can be tricky, but it’s definitely possible. The first step is to identify where the bedbugs are hiding. This can be done by doing a thorough inspection of your home, paying special attention to cracks and crevices where bedbugs like to hide.
Once you’ve found where the bedbugs are hiding, you can start treating them. There are a few different ways to do this, but the most important thing is to be consistent. Vacuuming, washing bedding and clothing in hot water, and using a steamer or heat treatment on infested items are all great ways to get rid of bedbugs.
Call a professional
If you’re still seeing bedbugs after taking these steps, it’s time to call in a professional. A pest control company can help you eliminate bedbugs for good and make sure they don’t come back.